UPDATE!! 3CX Phone System v10 Beta 2 is Now Available!
Click here for more information.
We are pleased to announce the availability of the beta of the new version 10. V10 is a major release, with an all new – Silverlight based – user portal, 3CX MyPhone. The new 3CX MyPhone replaces the 3CX Assistant and the old 3CX MyPhone portal. Everything is now grouped in one easy to use portal.
The new 3CX MyPhone is web based, but can be installed as a desktop application. In this mode it uses the browser in the background but allows the user to re-size 3CX MyPhone to their preference, as well as launch it automatically. 3CX MyPhone should also run on Macs.
- Notification to Windows Event log, 3CX Event Log and optionally by e-mail on key events
- PnP support for 3CXPhone for iPhone, Android and Windows, Grandstream Executive GXP-21xx and Yealink phones. This means that you can just plug in the phone, assign extension in the management console and the phone will be automatically configured. This eliminates the need to specify the provisioning URL in the phone or via DHCP option 66.
- Complete support for the new Grandstream GXP-1450, GXP 2100, GXP 2110 and GXP 2120 phones. Requires firmware v. 184.108.40.206 and up. Note that these phones are still in BETA
- Support for the Grandstream GXP 3140, GXP 3175 video phones
- Support for the Yealink VP 2009 video phones
- Ability to black list IPs
- Ability to block extensions being registered from outside the network
- You can configure that particular extensions can not be used outside of the local network
- Ability to limit extensions registering externally to use tunnel
- Native 64 bit version (not available in beta)
- Ability to record prompts via the phone – simply click on prompt, enter extension name and record prompt
- Reduced memory footprint and elimination of extra service
- Specify extension group in outbound rules to easily create Class of Service rules
- Improved conferencing page in 3CX MyPhone allows for easier setup of conference calls
- Queue tab in 3CX MyPhone which gives an overview of the status of queues
- Improved BLF page – now allows provisioning of Speeddials, custom codes
- Complete G722 support (Requires G722 capable phone)
- Server will query phonebook to match Caller IDS to a specific name
Limitations of BETA
- The beta has the call queue tab has the call center features enabled
- Microsoft Outlook and CRM integration is not finished yet
- The “bring window to front” feature upon receiving a call is not available
- Launch of an external application upon receiving a call is not available
- The hotkey feature to dial a number is not available
- The ability to configure an outbound rule in 3CX MyPhone for launching of calls is not ready yet
- Some Inbound and Outbound Caller ID’s are interchanged
- Automatic changing of status based on office hours and away times is not working yet
- Chat : Blocking of chat from certain extensions and sound notifications is not available
- Sorting of extensions by first/last name
- Launching 3cx phone for calls is not available
- Triggering a call on a desk phone using http url (http cti)
- incremental parking
- Company phone book entries cannot be added at the moment.
The provisioning port has changed to port 5000. This means that you must change the provisioning links for the phones to “http://IPADDRESSSERVER:5000/provisioning”. You can do this via DHCP option 66 or by configuring the phones from their web interface. See the configuration guides for more information. Reboot the phones after you have made this change.
- You can download the latest beta version from here.
- The administration manual can be found here (PDF)
- The 3CX MyPhone & Extension user manual is web based and can be found here